The last one for the request :D
- Like Kagami who’s afraid of dogs, Kiyoshi is scared of rats (seriously I am questioning Fujimaki’s choice of phobia). It’s revealed in the novel that he watched a horror movie about mutant rats eating people and he’s scared of rats ever since then. (I think I watched that movie before too).
- Kiyoshi could play Harmonica. Again we never see him playing it.
- He seemed be bad at remember things. Throughout the canon series, he keeps forgetting things and in the novel he even forget where he put the club’s fund (which caused a huge searching mission).
- His initial design made him had Mitobe’s hair.
- He seemed to be close to Izuki’s family since Izuki’s sister invited him to the house. He lived with his grandparents and attend Seirin because it’s closed to his home so that he could take care of his grandparents. We don’t know what happen to his parents only that his grandparents was the one that raised him (cue tragic fanfic about his family).
- Interestingly, Kiyoshi’s middle school which is Shoei was actually the original name of Teiko in the pilot chapter.
- The person who invited Kiyoshi to play basketball was his teammates in middle school named Taichi. Taichi once said that he was worried that Kiyoshi always practiced so hard which Kiyoshi replied that he was glad that he started to play basketball because he could finally use his bog body to help and protect everyone (KIYOSHI STOP MAKING ME CRY).
- Ono Yuuki (Kagami’s seiyuu) mentioned once that he really love Kiyoshi’s character because of he seemed like an awesome senpai. *sobs*
- Kiyoshi enjoy a lot of, erm, old people’s activity like Hanafuda (card game) and eating black sugar candies because he spend a long time in Hospital and his bed was right next to elders. This could also be because he live with his grandparents.
- SPOILERS: He’s a Center but throughout the series, he could play at least 3 positions now which are Center, Point guard and Power Forward.
Rin Matsuoka || F R E E ! ep. 03
for a person who really loves sleep I sure do make it a point to get as little sleep as possible
Chapter 574, page 23 for chillociraptor
Kenma (about Tsukishima): This guy is intelligent. He observes and thinks carefully. A complete opposite of Shouyou.
Hello to all the One Piece fandom! On August 4th, the One Piece manga by Eiichiro Oda will have been in publication for 17 years! After last years very successful 16th anniversary celebration, we’ve decided to try to outdo ourselves for the 17th and turn the whole week into a party! From August 4th to August 10th, we’re offering a different theme prompt that addresses a different part of the series we love so much. Graphics, fanart, fanfiction, and even analysis and opinions are all welcome!
Please make use of the tag #opanniversary to help others find your posts dedicated to this 17th anniversary celebration. Of course, we encourage everyone to celebrate in their own way, and graphics, art, and writing not specifically related to our prompts are welcome to use the opanniversary tag as well.
Laughter - Whether in Luffy’s first showdown with a Shichibukai, or in the chaos of Enies Lobby, Oda has never hesitated to break up even the most serious moments with a joke. This is a very simple prompt—what in One Piece has made your sides cramp and plundered your ability to breath with laughter?
Villains & Antagonists - It’s been said that a story is only as good as it’s villain. Whether it’s the enemies you hate or the enemies you love, there are plenty of pirates, Marines, priests, and assassins who have gotten in our heroes’ way over the years. Though it’s helpful to keep in mind that not all antagonists are evil, and that sometimes even the heroes of our story dip into what some might call villainy…
Art - After 17 years, Oda has drawn over 13,000 manga pages and over 130 color spreads, so he’s definitely given us enough to work with. What is your favorite period of Oda’s art, favorite character designs, favorite islands and architecture, favorite double spreads or color spreads and more?
Tears - The men and women of One Piece have never been afraid to cry when the moment’s right, and it’s a rare thing to find a reader who can make it through One Piece with dry eyes all the way. This is a day dedicated to all the tears that this story has produced, both from the people in it, and from the people who read it. Who would have thought a fun story about a pirate made out of rubber could crush so many hearts?
Foreshadowing - It’s a well known fact that Oda never forgets. Over the course of over 750 chapters, there have been plenty of mysteries we’ve been introduced to, and some of them we’ve even gotten the answers to. From Rayleigh’s first appearance in chapter 19, 481 chapters before we found out who he was, to the still unsolved mystery of the Will of D., Oda has left us a long trail of things to look forward to in the future. What connections, mysteries, characters, islands, and plot points have you been most interested in and exited about throughout the series?
Relationships/Interactions - Friendships, rivalries, families, enemies, allies, drinking buddies, master and student, Captain and crew, hero and villain, parent and child, or just two old Marines bickering over rice crackers. What are the relationships and interactions between characters you love most in the series? With around 800 characters, there are plenty of relationships to choose from.
Dreams - Could there be a better theme to end our week of festivities with than this? Possibly more than anything else, dreams are the driving force behind this whole adventure. From dreams of pirate royalty and dreams of reunions with whales, all the way to a four year old Oda’s dreams of being a mangaka to avoid having a “real job,” we wouldn’t have the story we love without them. With any luck, this story has inspired a few of us to chase our dreams as well.
Yussss I’m done with the nerds!!
This took longer than I thought! the palettes were a real challenge this time, but I had fun overall~
One more OP set to come
prince of…flower crowns